Psychedelic Integration Counselling
Therapeutic Support Integrating Your Experience
Psychedelic integration counselling for individuals that have experienced, or are curious about, psychedelics.
What is psychedelic integration counselling?
Psychedelic integration counselling helps people makes sense of, or plan for, psychedelic experiences. I provide integration support to individuals that have experienced or are curious about psychedelics such as psilocybin, ayahuasca, LSD, and MDMA. Integration sessions are offered in person in Surry Hills, Sydney or online via Google Hangouts.
For some people, the effect of psychedelics can make ordinary, familiar experiences overwhelming. Others may remain confused or anxious long after their experience is over. Psychedelic integration counselling provides an opportunity for you to discuss your experiences, whatever they may be.
The ‘goal’ of psychedelic integration counselling is to make sense of, and determine how to best incorporate insights gained from your psychedelic experiences.
During sessions, you will be invited, but not required, to talk about the details of your experiences, to direct attention toward any insights or emotional shifts that may have occurred, and to consider how these changes may be integrated into your daily life.
Please note, I do not provide psychoactive substances nor do I recommend their use. However, if you do intend to journey into non-ordinary states of consciousness, I offer support to those seeking assistance to integrate your experience.
Psychedelic Integration Resources
- MAPS The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) is a non-profit research and educational organisation that develops medical, legal, and cultural contexts for people to benefit from the careful uses of psychedelics and marijuana.
- PRISM The Psychedelic Research in Science & Medicine (PRISM) is an Australian non-profit research association.
- Australian Psychedelic Society The Australian Psychedelic Society is an organisation seeking to connect Australia’s psychedelic community to benefit, enjoy and contribute to their culture in safe and supportive environment.
- Erowid Erowid is an online harm-reduction resource with information about psychoactive drugs and plants.
- Zendo Project The Zendo Project provides support and education to help transform difficult psychedelic and psychological experiences into opportunities for learning and growth.
If you are interested in discussing your specific needs, how I might be able to help, or to book a free, no obligation brief consultation (5-10 minutes), please feel free to contact me.
Areas of Specialty
Anxiety & Stress
Anxiety is generally an unpleasant feeling of nervousness, apprehension and fear that something bad is happening or about to happen. Therapy for anxiety can help alleviate these feelings.
Depression is a persistent feeling of sadness or loss of interest that can negatively affect how you feel, think and act. Therapy for depression can help alleviate these symptoms.
Transpersonal means 'beyond the personality'. Transpersonal integration therapy can help you make sense of, and integrate, mystical or spiritual experiences into your daily life.
Life Direction & Purpose
Therapy can assist you to find a clearer sense of life direction and purpose. Working collaboratively, counselling can help you move towards your life goals.
Grief & Loss
Grief is a natural response to losing someone or something that is important to you. Grief counselling can help you better cope with the stressors associated with the loss.
Personal & Spiritual Growth
Counselling for personal and spiritual growth can help you to examine your belief systems and core values with a view to becoming more present and self-compassionate.
Relationships impact on our wellbeing and happiness. Counselling for relationship issues can help to improve communication, navigate decision making and restore emotional bonds.